Monday, February 23, 2009

OCBC Cycle Race [Volunteer]

OCBC Cycle Race is such a huge event where almost
eight thousand Singaporeans attended to this event
with their bikes. Those without bikes? Don't fret, there
is rental for them!

The worse piece of shit is that I'm a volunteer for this race,
and they requested me to reach Jurong East MRT Station
at 0230hrs on 22 February (Sunday morning).

So, I met up with my Yong Cheng to walk towards JE MRT
at around 0130hrs. both of us ate 2 plain prata before heading
there on foot. Upon reaching there, the shuttle bus came
damn punctually and it is estimated that there is around 15
volunteers who boarded the bus.

Bus then departed towards our destination.
The F1 Pit Stop / Holding Area.
Was listening to my mp3 player and kinda just got into
some of my songs. For example, 'Love, me' by Collin Raye.
I was like.. Able to feel whatever that guy is singing.
cool huh?

Okay, that is kinda off, but well anyway, lets get back to the topic.
Upon reaching the bloody holding area at around 0300hrs which..
If I'm not wrong, the bus took 25minutes to reach there.
BACK TO TOPIC AGAIN.
We set on foot once again, walking aimlessly to find a big tentage
which is called the Volunteer's Tent. Walked walked walked, there's
nothing but just roads, barricade, banners and etc.

So, as a typical human, we follow this theory of
'Monkey see, monkey do'. Therefore, we followed some guys and
found our little way thru to the HUGE MASSIVE TENTAGE.
No joke, it iss damn huge till it can contain a bus with some
free space to manuever. LOL!

Then I was posted to Baggage crew on that day and YC is posted
to Road Marshall. Damn, if you guys think, yeah, Baggage is more
relaxed duty compared to Road Marshallers, but if you volunteer
to be a volunteer in this race, but did not see any action.
I would actually say that it is stupid.
AND THE WHOLE THING WASTED MY TIME!


UPDATE LATER! ANGRY AND SLEEPY ME D:

No comments: